Reasonable Cause Supervisor Training
Learn to recognize potential impairment and effectively manage situations with employees who may not be Fit for Duty.
A workforce that is “Fit for Duty” (psychologically and physically capable of working safely) is the cornerstone of a safe and healthy workplace. Subsequently, every organization needs supervisors and front-line managers who can effectively identify employees who may not be Fit for Duty and to take appropriate action in these situations.
Employee drug and alcohol testing cannot be performed based on a mere hunch. Reasonable Cause Supervisor Training delivers the substance awareness, necessary tools, and practical skills to recognize and appropriately handle employees who may not be Fit for Duty.
This online course will prepare supervisors to assess the existence of reasonable cause and guide them on the appropriate actions to take when suspicions arise. This course exceeds both the Canadian Model for Providing a Safe Workplace (COAA / Energy Safety Canada) and U.S. Department of Transportation requirements for Supervisor Training.
- Supervisory Legal Obligations (Human Rights, Privacy, OHS)
- Substance Awareness – Alcohol, Recreational and Medicinal Cannabis, Drugs, Medications
- Fitness for Duty Assessments and Signs of Impairment
- Reasonable Cause / Post-Incident Investigation and Testing Processes
- Refusal and Positive Test Management